Thursday, 30 July 2015

Beauty // My Guide to Cleansing Balms


I can't even remember how I used to cleanse before cleansing balms came on the scene. I rely on them each evening using one to remove my makeup and another afterwards to really cleanse my skin. Here's the lowdown on some of my faves:

The Budget Buy // The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter
Great to use as a first cleanse to remove makeup - I wouldn't say it's anything special but it does the job and I always buy it when The Body Shop does their 40% off offers so it's the best bargain option!

The Reliable Repurchase // Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
If you're willing to spend a little more, this is my favourite product to use as a first cleanse as in my experience this is the best balm for removing makeup - foundation and mascara just dissolve with so much ease, it really is a miracle worker! It doesn't contain any fragrance and the no frills formula means no irritation, making it perfect for sensitive skins. It is a very basic balm cleanser that just works! I'm happily working my way through my second tub of this and I can see myself buying it again and again!

The Luxury Option // Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm
The most expensive of the bunch, this is a cleansing balm with a difference. This clay-based balm uses vitamins and minerals from the Hungarian thermal waters and mud. It has a slightly grainy texture which I find helps to gently exfoliate as you cleanse and it would be ideal for oily, blemish-prone and combination skin types for a detoxifying cleanse that doesn't leave the skin feeling stripped and dry.

The Cult Product // Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm
Arguably the most talked about and most loved cleansing balm in the blogging world, this classic cleansing balm really does live up to it's hype - it has a very oily texture which when massaged in to the face makes for a spa-like cleansing experience every time!

The Perfect Second Cleanse // The Organic Pharmacy Carrot Butter
In my opinion this is the best of all the cleansing balms I've tried. I would never use this as a first cleanse as it doesn't remove my mascara completely and frankly it would be a waste of its goodness if I were to use it to remove makeup. Instead, after I have taken my make up off completely (currently using the Clinique balm) I massage the carrot butter deep into my skin every evening for a really thorough deep down cleanse. The texture of this is quite a bit thicker than any of the other cleansing balms I've tried and it leaves my skin so moisturised, plump and clear. This cleansing balm is a particularly good choice for dry and dehydrated skin types as it is the most hydrating of them all! <3

Which cleansing balms do you enjoy using?


SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Really want to try the Emma Hardie cleansing balm! x

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm sounds so perfect for my skin, I'm so tempted to treat myself to it!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly want to try all of these - but especially the Emma Hardie one! :)

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great roundup! The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter is my all-time favourite! Have a great weekend, Zandra :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really want to try the Emma Hardie one, looks so nice! Body shop is like my go to shop for skin care however I might try out something new :)

    Emily x | www.emilyy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This snap is gorgeous! The Organic Pharmacy Carrot Butter Cleanser sounds lovely but it's a little pricey for me. SIGH.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The body shop's butter products always smell good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a big fan of cleansing balms & I haven't heard of some of these. Thanks for sharing & lovely photo! xx adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you're product photography is really amazing. What camera do you use?

    Beth x
    www.profemaleblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) I use a Panasonic gf5 micro 4/3 camera, had it ages but it's so easy to use as it's not a DSLR x

      Delete
  10. I'm not using cleansing balms yet, but thinking about starting now - thanks for the tip! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the post! You have an amazing blog:)

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a useful post. Still yet to try cleansing balms..

    Jess
    myblogjessica.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a good and useful post - I must start using cleansing balms!

    Megan - check out my blog for some beauty and lifestyle inspo www.lifewithmcm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of some of these. I shall have to expand my current range from the Body Shop butter.

    http://www.yukovablog.co.uk/i-love-you-london/

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for all your comments! I read every single one of them :)

© AZTEC DOLL. All rights reserved.
Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig